LISTEN: Pitbull on The Tony Robbins Podcast (August 24, 2017)
On the most recent episode of his podcast, Tony Robbins sat down with Pitbull to discuss his journey to achieving success.
During the podcast, Tony and Armando discuss the power of failure and why our biggest setbacks can be our biggest gifts. They delve into what it means to cut the noise out of your life and focus on what matters. And they share their belief that if you want real wealth in your life, you have to cultivate joy, surround yourself with people that make you better, and always find a way to give back.
- [01:10] Episode introduction
- [02:30] How basketball prepared him for the music business
- [03:10] Learning from the failures of the music industry
- [03:50] You don’t make mistakes, mistakes make you
- [04:20] Overcoming early challenges
- [04:50] Grateful for growing up in adversity
- [06:20] “The women that built me”
- [08:10] Taking his life from a negative to a positive
- [08:10] Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future
- [08:50] Envisioning the circles he wanted to be in
- [09:40] Listening to Tony Robbins tapes growing up
- [11:10] The Colonel Sanders story
- [11:40] Creating his own slogans for his own story
- [13:10] Don’t talk about it – be about it
- [14:50] What is Pitbull most proud of?
- [16:35] The award that meant the most to him
- [18:40] The SLAM school
- [19:00] Pitbull’s tips to accelerate success
- [19:40] Patience, passion and perseverance equals success
- [20:15] Cut out the noise in your life
- [20:50] What do you want out of this journey?
- [21:40] Drowning in information, starving for wisdom
- [21:50] It’s the challenge that makes the success fulfilling
- [22:10] What’s the next level for Pitbull
- [22:50] Find out how you learn best
- [24:40] How are you going to make a decision if you aren’t a critical thinker?
Take a listen to the full podcast below and visit TonyRobbins.com for more!